Monday, April 13, 2015

Spring 2015 April 13 Monday



71 degrees this morning (dropping to 65  degrees at 4;30 a.m.). 44:30 minute walking

First rain was predicted  at 7 a.m. this morning when I got up.  The weather app showed the clouds long away and a “0”% chance of rain until 7:00 a.m. when heavy rains were forecast.  

I was surprised to hear the rain at 4;30 a.m. and look at the weather app and now see clouds of rain over our  area!  

Weather forecasting is an art, not a science, although I personally feel most forecasters really do an excellent job.  

Really strange, that the clouds just seemed to come out of nowhere, which is why weather forecasting is so difficult  

Fortunately,  I finished my walk before the rain started. 

Expected some storms and rain yesterday, but actually it was a nice day, weather-wise.

I finally finished my income taxes, I hope somewhat correctly, which is a relief.  I have lost a lot of faith I had in Turbo-Tax, although it was a lot of difficult situations, especially the partial year state of residence matter.  

Kind of reminds me of Quicken, which is made by the same people who make Turbo-Tax.  Quicken worked fine (if a little quirky or maybe quacky) for our accounting purposes.

Then we switched to Quicken for Mac, which has never worked right, even though it was the same program.  We never got anything but excuses from them and they just never got the Quicken for Mac right.  They still haven’t gotten it even close to working right, and it has been almost ten years.   

Another dream, this one especially intense and varied.  

Dream 4-12-15.

Dreamed was in city, staying in a hotel.  (Believe the hotel was down by I-40 and Meridan, 

Went to a  hotel (one that had turned into a Days Inn rather than a Hilton inn without any notice to me. I was thinking that the reservation had disappeared and I wondered why.  (This has actually where a hotel “rebranded” and didn’t notify me).  

I left the room key in the hotel room.  

We went to an attendant who had just showed another person to his room.  He was apparently an official at another hotel chain  but haven’t been able to get a room in his hotel.  (Strange thing to dream about.)

The attendant  opened up a room with a lot of  towels and some key cards on the side of the  door but said he didn’t have a key card for  my room.  He had a big tooth in his head.  (actually  a big single tooth in his mouth) and he said was sorry, but I had to go to the front desk.

There was a long wait at the front desk, so we apparently went on to eat. 

Next scene was we were at the Classen Grill, a local restaurant.  I was with Aliene.  I don’t recall how we got to the  restaurant.

We thought it was closed, it it apparently was open.  We went in and I told the host I had lost my room key.  For some reason, I thought he would have the answer.  

He kept saying we needed to get a cab to go back to the hotel to get our key.

It became  obvious they couldn’t help us, I then realized if had left my cell phones there also. We realized they want to close.  The scene was the area around Classen Grill, almost exactly.  

We were deciding on whether to get a taxi I woke up


That’s it for now, Monday, April 13, 2015.

No comments: