Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring 2015 March 31 Tuesday (Happy Birthday Eleanor!)



62 degrees this morning.  45:31 minute walk.

Today (March 31) is the birthday of my sister Eleanor.  Wishing her a Happy Birthday.

Driving to Toastmasters tonight, it was beautiful weather.  I put the sunroof down, turned up the music and almost just kept on driving, it was so nice!  

My taste in music really varies  depending on a variety of factors.  i really like almost all types of music, depending on the context that  I am listening in.  For example, tonight, I was enjoying  “electronic” music (Sirius 52), which isn’t always good, sometimes horrible and sometimes great.  It all depends.

I remember when Sirius first came out, I rented a car, and the  representative came out and said the car “had a serious radio”, except of course he meant “Sirius”.  I remember thinking the entire  trip trying to figure out why he thought the radio system was so good that it was a “serious” radio!

The weather indicates the cool weather is rapidly ending and summer will  soon be here.  

Of course, as soon as summer is officially her (in June), the  descent into Winter begins as the days start getting shorter.

I hope next winter we can get away from the cold for a little bit, even if it ias just on a weekend, or a long weekend.  

When I was in Chanute, Kansas (where the cold kind of lodged in you), I used to love baking in the sauna to get the cold feeling out, if only for a few minutes.

Of course, in Memphis and here, it doesn’t get cold enough for you (or at least me) to develop that “frozen in place” feeling.

Back to when we visited Washington D.C., several years ago., the cold was COLD.  It just seemed to take you over.  It was late January, probably the coldest part of the year up there.It took me a while to unfreeze from that.  

I wonder how we got our descriptions, I assume from the globe.  (“up” to Washington  DC or Detroit, “down” to Mississippi”, “back” east (even if you have never been east!), “out to California”.  etc.  

Anyway, in my belief I should “experience the moment”, (whether good of bad), I will enjoy Spring and Summer (and Fall) and even Winter and not wish for something else.  Well, except in Winter, when I will continue to wish for Spring and Summer.

One of my goals is to go to Panama in the winter, and just get ride of the feeling of cold.

Tax deadline is really getting close  I have been going over and over the figures, just to make sure I am correct.   I found a major expense were I double counted my deductions.  (Darn it!)  I am hoping I find something were I double counted my income or find some withholding I hadn’t noticed!

I figure every dollar of deduction I find is worth .30 or so, so it is well worthwhile keeping looking at it.

The first quarter of 2015 is now complete.  It hardly seems like it started and 2015 is already 25% over!


That’s it for now, Tuesday, March 31, 2015.

No comments: