Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Fall 2014 October 7 Tuesday (Strawberry Shakes)

Fall 2014 October 7 Tuesday (Strawberry Shakes)

70 degrees this morning. 54:29 minutes walking, 1 earthquakes in past 24 hours

The weather has that Fall/early Spring chill in it.  70 degrees now is a lot different than 70 degrees several months ago.  

I was nice to get back to exercise again.  Even though I only missed one day, I missed the exercise.

Thinking today about Braum’s, now morphed from an ice cream and sandwich shop into a small convenient store with a “fresh market” concept.  Braum’s is a wonderful place with food that somehow tastes better than other places.

What I really like about Braum’s is their strawberry shakes and strawberry ice-cream. (Somehow, even their milk and hamburger etc. even seems to taste better, I guess because it is fresh.

One of the high points of our trips from Memphis was when we got to the “Braum’s territory”.  On our way back, we would stop at the last Braum’s east for a strawberry shake and, when she could, Aliene would have  banana split.  (After she was advised to avoid gluten, she had to stop the banana splits.)

No criticism intended to my Memphis favorite, Steak n Shake!  I loved Steak n Shake, but we aren’t close to one here, although there are several in the area.  They are just too far for normal driving..  Also, there strawberry shakes were good, but not as good as Braum’s! 

Of course, so to speak, I’ve never met a strawberry shake (or strawberry ice cream) that I didn’t like!

In spite of the fact I live within walking distance of a Bram’s (and within easy driving distance of four Braum’s stores, at least!), I avoid pigging out on strawberry shakes and probably have less than one every two weeks.  

Just the fact I CAN get a strawberry shake or strawberry ice cream makes me feel satisfied! 

Attended my third Toastmasters meeting tonight.  I enjoy it, but I haven’t really gotten into speaking yet.  It is a nice, diverse group of people which keeps it interesting.  

A busy day at work, but a very interesting day.  I am getting more involved in the mechanics of my duties and tonight involved handling a lot of the process.  At least it help out what I don’t know!  

I still haven’t solved the mystery of where to get coffee at work.  Since I don’t have a permanent office there, I can’t bring my own coffee pot, and while I can run (well, actually drive, it’s too far to run in my work clothes!) to a nearby convenient store to get a good cup of coffee.  It is just that I don’t like to stop what I am doing and have to get in the car to get a cup of coffee!  

As I noted yesterday, I have reduced my coffee intake to a cup or two in early morning with breakfast, then pick up a cup at McDonalds on my way to work.

Also, as I have mentioned, I am very picky about my coffee.  I like it fresh and hot!  


That’s it for now, Tuesday, October 7, 2014. 

No comments: