Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fall 2014 October 23 Thursday



64 degrees this morning. 37:33 minute walk, (shortened walk due to rain)   Six  earthquakes in past 24 hours.

Aliene completed her second “nerve block” shot Wednesday  Hopefully it will do a lot to ease the pain in her neck and arm.  We will meet with the Doctor in several weeks to evaluate how well it works.

Hopefully the shots will  resolve the pain or at least  bering it down to an acceptable level (whatever that is!).

Took the Toyota Hybrid out Wednesday for the first time.  It was a good test since it included going to work and also out in the field in my “field”area. 

So far, I really like it.  There are a few minor things I miss, but overall it is a great car.  It  is comfortable, has great pickup to merge, has an excellent navigation system (important for my job), and best of all, maintained a mile per gallon ratio in the 38 mpg range!  I also enjoy the “keyless entry” and start etc.

I was tentatively given the stating day of November 3 for being “pushed from the nest” and flying out on my own.  I am ready, with some help here and there. 

It means I will be working out of my home office and going directly from my house to the site when I have a field day.  On a normal basis, I will probably work 2 days at my office and 3 days in the field, depending on the situation.  

The book I am listening to in my morning walk “Lonesome Dove” is development a more complicated story.  

I have a book reserved at the Library on “peanut butter”, my favorite food!  It will be an enjoyable read! 

I read someplace that 48% of the “original iPads” are still being used by people.  In spite o the advances to the iPad, I still have my original iPad and it works fine, for what I use it for.  

I still like a lot of things about the original , although of course it can’t run a lot of current apps etc.  It does do excellent as an “iPod” and also is good as a memo pad.  

I do have an iPod Air that I really like, but  the original iPad isn’t to be sneezed at.  The battery life is amazing on Apple products.  

I really like my small pleasure in the morning (my walk, my naps, breakfast, etc.,) just as I have small pleasures throughout the day, including the 1/2 Snickers bar each night.  


That’s it for now, Thursday, October 23, 2014.

No comments: