Monday, October 27, 2014

Fall 2014 October 27 Monday (Wind)



71 degrees this morning. 55:48  minute walk, one Earthquakes

Weekend went by fast!  Surprised to look up and realize tomorrow is Monday!

Every Monday morning, I am reminded of the extremely poor recycling program here.  I just threw away another cart load of cardboard out for the landfill instead of recycling. 

And, of course, in an area known for wind, they have open recycling containers and don’t provide covers!  

Wind is high today, it was beautiful weather but the wind was really  whipping around.  Currently blowing about 22 mph, seems like it was higher yesterday.

Basically have our offices set up, with some trimming and changes as we determine how we are going to use the offices.  

We purchased a scanner today, for Aliene to use to scan her family pictures and me for both pictures and documents that I don’t need to maintain paper records for any more.

Probably be a busy week this week, with a supervised “office day”, two days of computer training (more procedures with the computer) and a supervised field day Friday.  Then, a week from Monday, I start out on my own, and my office is my home!

My  office doesn’t have cable tv as such, so I bought an inexpensive tv antenna for the small tv I have in the office.  I also have an “Apple TV” set up on it. 

Anyway, I was amazed at how many “over the air” changes their are, something like 55 channels.  Of course, most of them aren’t channels I would watch anyway.

Still trying to reduce what we have, I am starting to look at giving away items I previously couldn’t decide on.  

I am thinking of sorting out one t-shirt and one hat every day, taking a picture of it, and giving it away or tossing it.   It adds up.  (Well, maybe one every other day, or maybe one a day at first.)

We found a new restaurant with gluten free and vegan menu’s.  It is only a mile or so away, and is called Zoe’s Kitchen.  We ate there this afternoon and enjoyed it.

The car has a neat little way of re-enforcing driving for maximum gas mileage.  If I get over 40 mpg on a trip (this is from when the car starts to when it stops), it says something to the effect of “Excellent driving, your mpg was 40.1 or whatever.  If you get less than 40 mpg, it provides you with the mpg, but acts kind of glum about it.  

Not that I should care if a car praises me!  (or doesn’t praise me for that matter.)

Aliene and I haven’t been to a movie for some time.  We are going to try to go to “Gone Girl” this week or this weekend.  We listened to the book and heard the movie was good.  

“Lonesome Dove”, the book I am listening to during my walk, has taken some real turns.  It is an interesting book.  I think the total reading time is in the range of 32 hours, so I will be listening to it for some time.  

One problem with the wind is if it really blows, in some areas I can’t hear the story or the book I am listening to, the wind is blowing so loud.

That’s it for now, Monday, October 27, 2014



No comments: