Friday, October 24, 2014

Fall 2014 October 24 Friday (Wheel of Fortune)



63 degrees this morning. 55:48- minute walk,  Six  earthquakes in past 24 hours (including “one day ago)

It’s Friday, the week always seems to go so fast!  

Still impressed with the car, the more I drive it.  I still have a lot to learn about it.

I decided I am going to try to learn at least one thing about the car’s sound system, navigation system etc. every day. It  definitely is  complicated although I am sure as I use it etc., it will start to make sense.  

For the first time yesterday (Thursday) I went out by myself “in the field”.  It was interesting and I enjoyed it, trying to remember and make sure I did everything right (or at least most of it right).  It is a relatively involved process and includes a wide variety of issues, so it is interesting.  

My territory has a wide variety of businesses, which makes it even more interesting.

It is somewhat sad to see the businesses that fail and the ones that are starting off with such enthusiasm that you know will fail.  

I believe it is that small hope that your business will be the next successful business is what gets people involved in starting a business.  

In a way, it is kind of like Nashville.  All of the people hoping the Wheel of Fortune will stop for you.  It probably won’t, but you have to take the chance.  

I was always surprised at the number of young homeless people in Nashville until I realized it was people who went there to try to make it big and failed. 

Maybe “failed” is the wrong word.  There is success and validation in failure, in just the fact you tried and maybe the Wheel of Fortune just didn’t land right.

In a similar manner, most of the restaurant workers, cab drivers  etc. in  Nashville were songwriters, singers etc., not their current job.  

On the other hand, I am glad people still feel they can make it and proceed with enthusiasm at any age.  

I think once you lose that enthusiasm that you can do anything and your big chance is waiting, it makes life much better and you don’t want to lose that sense of excitement about life, regardless of what happens.

I know I still have that, and I really don’t want to lose it.  Even as my options narrow as I grow older, there is still that sense of excitement and possibility, even if I occasionally don’t have a specific goal.  I know i will develop one.


That’s it for now, Friday, October 24, 2014.

No comments: