Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Fall 2014 October 29 Wednesday (New Cell Phone Numbers!)



41 degrees this morning. 57:35  minute walk, 2 earthquakes

Aliene and I have new cellphone numbers!  If you need to know our numbers, please e-mail, text or call us (on our home phone) for the new numbers.

It feels rather strange to have to pause to remember your number instead of just rattling off the number.  We had the previous numbers for almost 13 years.  

Along with our addresses, Doctors, hair, stores, and numerous other changes, this qualifies as a major change.  

I was surprised at how busy the store was.  Mobile  phone shopping is about like new car shopping used to be.  You can feel the excitement in the air.  Maybe not as much as when cell phones first came out and many people were getting their absolutely first new phone, but it is still there when you buy a phone.

I went ahead and upgraded to an iPhone 6, which will allow my work cell phone to jump two generations when it goes from a 3S to a 5 (that may be 3 generations).  (The phone won’t be in for several days).

Our previous lines are disconnected, so if you need  our phone contacts let me know!d

Completed my first  full day in my “home office” today.. l really enjoyed it as well as getting a lot done!  Everything actually went fairly smoothly.  I still have some stuff to do, but overall it is set up well and will be an excellent office.  

I found it was really nice to concentrate on a project, although I’m sure as time goes on I will miss the camaraderie  of an office.  I will have ample human contact the three days I am “out in the field”.

It always surprises me how fast time goes.

41 degrees this morning, but the wind wasn’t blowing.  I dressed a little too warmly, it will take some time to adjust to how cold it is, especially with the wind.  

I am not looking forward to the winter, but it is something I need to do to get through to the Spring!

Today I have computer instruction, both today and tomorrow.  It is a whole new world using the programs.  Although I have worked with them extensively, I expect to have a lot of my questions answered.

That’s it for now, Wednesday, October 29, 2014.





No comments: