Friday, October 17, 2014

Fall 2014 October 17 Friday



60 degrees this morning.  55;12 minute walk,  4 earthquakes in past 24 hours.

Beautiful day today, one of those days when you love to be outside.  

Aliene (cautiously) is already feeling better from the shot (The Doctor said to allow 72 hours), so she is optimistic as she dares to be.   

This was just of her arm and neck pain and not her headaches, but it seems to be helping her headache some also.  Hopefully it will help and continue to last.

I really don’t see how she stands it.  I can deal with temporary pain/discomfort, but I’m not sure how I would deal with chronic pain.  

Anyway, the signs are good that the shots may work.

Spent some time with our granddaughters today, which is always fun.  It seems they change in front of your eyes at that age!

Spent the day at work working with accounts, trying to learn the new computer system by applying/working through real problems.  

There is a little lull in everything, it is fall break, so a lot of people are involved with children and grandchildren etc. who ares out of school.  

It is strange how my daily routine has changed.  The morning still runs in “hyper time” from the moment I get up until I actually leave for work.  It is easy to get behind, since I follow a very tight schedule.  

Gone is the 8-10 cups of coffee before I go to work, now I drank about 1 1/2 cups and grab some coffee at McDonalds as ai head or work.  

I still haven’t figured out where to get coffee at work, so I only drank coffee if I happen to go somewhere for lunch or take  break and to the convenient store about a mile away for a cup of coffee.  Major difference there.

Speaking of coffee, I recently found that Taco Bell has outstanding coffee, which surprised and pleased me.  (McDonalds also has some excellent coffee.) 

Of course, to me, a good cup of coffee is one I don’t spill on my shirt, on my pants or on something in the car!  Starbucks has super coffee but their coffee cups tend to spill in cars.

Although dramatic change was i used to read three newspapers in the morning, now they arrive so late, I read two at night (and they are the morning paper).

And, while both of these are major changes, it’s ok with me.  Hopefully it will change when I start m “home office” routine (since I will save about two hours per day in commuting, and other aspects of it).  I expect I will drank more coffee, but I”m not sure what else may change.

I don’t think my walk with change.  That has been a basic part of my life (with the time a little longer now) for at least 30 years and actually I started almost 40 years ago.  Again, I find that change happens and I need to enjoy whatever the time may bring. 


That’s it for now, Friday, October 17.

No comments: