Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fall 2014 October 22 Wednesday (New Car!)



62 degrees this morning.  54:24 minute walk,  One earthquakes in past 24 hours.

Picked up my new Toyota Camry Hybrid tonight!  Drove it back in the dark, so I don’t know that much about it yet, but I enjoyed it.  It supposedly will get 40 mpg, which will help on the drive to work, and work related driving.  

They noted it is roughly 2 1/2 of gas per 100 miles vs the 5 to 6 gallons (of premium) gas in our other vehicle. 

I haven’t figured out how to turn on the radio yet (much less anything else), so I have a lot to learn about it.  I can start it and adjust the mirrors!

Now, if we just can get used to putting two cars in the garage…..

The computer program class I was supposed to take at work was changed to next week, so that may delay me going into my “home office” and starting out on my own territory by a week or so, but maybe not.  

I have been spending this week going through the programs and working on some actual cases, and am now waiting on the field work.

Still listening to “Lonesome Dove” on my morning walk.  IN fact, I am hooked.  I have even though about taking longer walk so I can keep listening, but….

I enjoy the characters and some of the quotes (“We won’t get there if we don’t get going”)

For some reason,  there is never enough time in the morning.  No matter how much time I think I have, it is never enough, and I always end up rushing.  

One key I have noticed is getting up on time and just keeping moving throughout the morning.  No piddling!   My basic requirements are to eat breakfast after a 27 minute nap, right before breakfast and, hopefully, a 5 to 10 minute nap before I change clothes.  I get the 27 minute nap no matter what. 

After I start my home office, I will have some more time (no commuting) although I’m sure i will find a way to fill the time before my office hours start,

Watching the World Series, I am already tired of the announcers. I really don’t care what they think and I wish they would just let the action talk instead of blowing their mouths.   I may just turn off the sound.

Years ago, they had a football game without any announcers and I loved it.  There were enhanced sound effects and I can imagine they could do a lot with that now.

Weather continues to be excellent during the day, mid-eighties.  

Aliene is having her second “nerve block” shot tomorrow.  Hopefully it will do some good and stop or minimize her back and arm pain. Then the Doctor will start on her headaches, which is probably caused by her neck. 

I think starting my 41st year of work with a new car is a good way to start!


That’s it for now, Wednesday, October 22, 2014.  

No comments: