Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Fall 2014 October 28 Tuesday (Selling)



61 degrees this morning. 55:45 minute walk, one earthquake

Wind still blowing hard this morning, making part of the walk more challenging than usual, but I need to get used to it!

Wind was blowing so hard Monday I gave up on putting the recycling out.  Since covers aren't provided, it may have scattered around, which isn’t the effect we are trying to achieve! 

Of course, we will need to put the recycling into the  garbage, so   the recycling will now sit in a landfill forever instead of being recycled into something useful.

Wind kept up Monday, settled down Monday, apparently  started back this morning.  

I get very tired of banks, phone companies, credit card cable companies etc. taking EVERY phone call and trying to make a sales job out of it. 

I had a question about my cellular phone bill.  Although I got my question answered, I spent another 10 minutes declining their other services and finally hung up.  Maybe rude, but I feel they were more rude to so aggressively try to sell me something I don’t need or want, especially when I called for assistance about something else. 

Apparently someone told them if they were aggressive enough they could sell anything.  It simply isn’t true. It may be counter productive, I am seriously thinking of switching my cell phone service, but I expect the same thing would happen with the new company. 

I rarely look at Facebook anymore because I got tired of all of the creepy advertising and the “sponsored” Facebook posts, as well as Twitter.  I limited my “friends” and am trying to avoid having any commercial “friends”.  

Excited about the changes in my job.  Tomorrow I have a “supervised office day”, computer classes Wednesday and Thursday, and then Friday a “supervised field day”.  

Monday, I will start off on my own and my office will be in my house, so no more commuting!  I will work in my home office two or three days a week and the other days in the field.  It will be interesting and I am looking forward to it.  

Really enjoying listening to “Lonesome Dove”.  It is an amazing book and has plenty of thoughtful comments, relationships and situations to keep it interesting.  I’m going to get a copy form the Library so I can look up some of the more thoughtful comments. 

One of the aspects of audiobooks I don’t like is that you don’t have time to think about what you hear.  The story of book just keeps moving on without a chance to ponder over a point.  

One of the reasons I like to read a book while I listen to it, I am able to pick up on aspects of it I missed. I actually don’t do it very ofter due to time constraints, but  I would if I could.  I like listening while I walk and drive, regardless.

 I am glad I decided to listen to Lonesome Dove, since I would have hated to miss it.  I may never actually read it (although I probably will), at least I have an idea of what the book is about. 

The book about peanut butter continues to be interesting.  The author goes into details about the specific brands (Peter Pan, Skippy, Jif) etc. and goes into why there really is a difference between the brands.


That’s it for now, Tuesday, October 28, 2014

No comments: