Thursday, October 16, 2014

Fall 2014 October 16 Thursday (Robert)



58  degrees this morning.  56:05 minute walk, one earthquakes in past 24 hours.

Oddly enough, after years of being “Bob” at work etc, while I was still “Robert” to my family and a few other persons, I have become “Robert” at work.

I think it started because I always sign documents etc.  as “Robert”.  There is another “Robert” at work and persons started calling me “Robert” and I started answering the phone and introducing myself as “Robert”.  

Somehow, it erased some of the psychological slime I felt on myself (figuratively speaking) from the last few months of my time as Lakeland City Manager when I felt the newly elected officials were betraying the trust of the residents.   I do not intend to “get over” my anger towards the Judas or the spoiled brat and his toadies.  If that is wrong, that is just the way I feel.  

Fortunately, it is just anger and resentment.  I enjoy my new job and the people I have met and wouldn’t necessarily change that.  As Robert Frost said about two roads (or t least the way I interpreted it), that I can’t go down two roads, so I will enjoy the road I am on, and remember with fondness the good memories I had of Lakeland and not be all that concerned with the bad memories of the last several months there when I felt the trust by citizens in elected officials was betrayed.

But that doesn’t mean I still don’t resent it and am angry about it.  

In a way, being referred to as “Robert”  at work created  separation from one stage of my life to another stage of my life.

At the same time, I realize that many good friends and family members refer to me as “Bob” (and i certainly wouldn’t want to grandchildren to quit calling me “Grandpa Bob”) or any friends who know me as “Bob’ to change.

However, irregardless, I like being called “Robert”” at work and by customers.  Somehow, it just recognizes that life has changed.  

Any family or friends who know me as “Bob”  (or Robert for that matter) remind me of a happy stage of my life, so definitely, if you read this, don’t change anything!  I have fond memories of being called both “bob” and “Robert”, it just may be time for me to be called “Robert” by people at my new job and this area.  

Aliene had a “nerve block’ shot today to help with some of the pain she has been having lately, including some chronic headaches created by neck problems.  She doesn’t like to complain, but I know she has been in a lot of pain for the past several months and I hope this helps!  

She seems to have a good pain management Doctor, which helps.

The “field training” today included some new activities and was fun.  I learned quite a bit, and perhaps better yet, learned some aspects I didn’t know and that I need to learn!  
Still working on my “home office”.  I want it ready so when I am assigned here, I feel comfortable in it ands am able to be effective and productive in it.


That’s it for now, Thursday, October 16, 2014

No comments: