Monday, October 13, 2014

Fall 2014 October 13 Monday (Home Office)



60 degrees in morning.  56:37 minutes walking. five earthquakes in lat 24 hours. 

Rain last night.  Supposed to be a big storm, but it never developed.  (I’m not complaining!).  I didn’t really think I would be able to walk this morning, but fortunately I was able to walk and it was fine.  

Good weekend overall  Saturday, went to  Apple Store, amazed at the number of people in the mall (or at least the cars in the parking lot.  There was almost no parking spaces open!  Since I was just picking up something, Aliene drove around while I ran in and picked it up. 

Actually it was the same today when we went to another mall.  

Today is “office set up” day.  I will spend my day setting up my home office and doing research for my field day Tuesday.  It will be fun to get my home office set up.  

I was provided a bunch of supplies and I purchased an office chair to make it more of an office. 

Setting up my home office is kind of like building a next  stage of my job, as it is the next step in being assigned to my home office.  Normally I’ll work in the office two days and out in the field three days per week, although that could change.   

I will have a computer and portable printer for working in the car/field.  It actually works fairly well, as long as there is an internet connection.  Hopefully they will change from an “air card” to cellular to improve the communication. 

It has been fun watching the St. Louis Cardinals in the baseball playoffs, we watched literally all of the players who are hitting home runs, making great plays etc. to win the games.  

Most of them were not that well known when they played for the Memphis Redbirds and developed into great players.  Some (such as Wong and Shelby) were expected to make it to the Cardinals, but others were not really expected to become starts!  

Columbus Day is today. We don’t get a holiday for it anymore, although I believe the federal government does, which means the banks are closed and no mail.

I am anxious to get started on my office and see what develops!


That’s it for now, Monday October 13, 2014.

No comments: