Saturday, October 18, 2014

Fall 2014 October 18 Saturday



56 degrees this morning.56:05  minute walk,  6 earthquakes in past 24 hours.

Aliene’s arm etc. are still feeling better after the “nerve block” shot, although she still has headaches.  She is taking a second shot next week and then will meet with the Doctor to discuss her headaches and the results of the shots on her back and neck pain.  

We bit the bullet tonight and bought a car for me for work, a hybrid Toyota Camry.  We bought it though the Internet (Consumer Reports), which is similar to the Sams and Costco etc. programs.  It will make a nice car.

The 0% interest also helped.  We financed for the full 72 months, since it didn’t make any sense not too.  

It always amazes me how, when you are looking at the car,  they try to convince you the car is so  reliable and the dealership is such a good place to get it maintained. 

Than, after you buy it, they try to sell you a maintenance policy and try to convince you how the car will fall apart and how expensive the dealership is as they try to sell you a high profit maintenance policy!   No wonder car sales has such a poor reputation for ethics and lying.  

Kali and Katherine came over  Thursday night.  They went to look at the car with us (and also provided me with some idea of how the car will drive with four adults) and then we ate at BJ’s.

BJ’s is one of the few places that we can get a good selection for a vegan and a person who is gluten intolerance and a person trying to follow a low-carb diet.  A challenge, to say the least!

I actually started on a “low card” diet several years ago.. At first I was  very careful about not eating carbohydrates and it worked well.  I still limit them (almost never any bread or potatoes etc.) although now I occasionally allow myself some.  

I don’t keep track of carbs and fruit and vegetables, since they are “slow” carbs.  Anyway, I don’t worry about the carbs in fruits and vegetables.  

Actually my normal breakfast (oatmeal/honey/blueberries, and an apple w/peanut butter) is about as high in carbs as it can get, but my Doctor said that early in the morning was a good time for carbs,if you were going to eat them.

Now we are going to have to figure out how to get the items we stored in the garage out so we have room for the car!  Also, I need to finish up my home office, since I think there is a good chance I’l be assigned to my “home office” as early as next Friday or a week from Monday.  It is pretty well set up, I just need to put the finishing touches on it.


That’s it for now, Saturday, October 18, 2014.

No comments: