Saturday, October 25, 2014

Fall 2014 October 25 Saturday (Stages of Life)



66 degrees this morning. 57 minute walk, one  earthquakes in past 24 hours (including “one day ago)

Birthday party last night.  As a general rule, we celebrate birthdays’ by having supper (or sometime breakfast for all of the family members within a month of two either way.    It doesn’t make it it so often, but it is still  a nice get together.  

I think it also marks the passage of time and the fact that we are all growing older and  recognizes the various stages of life.

It is difficult to see children making the same mistakes I did, and they don’t pay any more attention to adults than I did when I was their age.  Now, I know different, but that doesn’t really make it any better.  

That is just an observation, not anything that happened recently. 

The birthday  parties are  something I always look forward too.. 

The weekend is here.  Although I enjoy my job, I still enjoy the weekends, basically for the time available.  

This weekend we are going to try to finalize the two offices, my “home office” and Aliene’s office.     I should be assigned to my home office effective November 3, which means I have to have an experienced person spend an “office day” with me, hopefully Tuesday and a “field day”, hopefully Friday. 

Still having to debate giving stuff away.  I continue to try to prove why I should keep something by applying the “toothbrush test”, but it is still difficult.  

(The toothbrush test is if you don’t use something once or twice a day or it doesn’t significantly enhance your life, get rid of it.)

I have found with “event” items (such as hats or t-shirts, it does help to take a picture of them before I dispose of them.

I really debated before buying a car rather than just renting one.  I think I decided that it was well worth the hassle of another “possession” since the car will be very important in my job and otherwise, and it just made sense cost wise.  

As I have mentioned before , this is one of the first jobs (actually, the only career job)  where I was not   “on call”,  While I enjoyed my past jobs, it is also nice to take it off and realize I am “really” off.  


Thats it for now, Saturday, October 25, 2014.

No comments: