Saturday, March 01, 2014

Winter 2014 March 1 Saturday

45 degrees this morning
This will be my first post written on my iPad (with the much hated Logitech keyboard which doesn’t fit right, thus draining the battery and giving the lie to the thought that “well, I can always take it back”. I almost never take anything back, unless it is flat out the wrong thing or broken. This keyboard not only doesn’t fit right, it doesn’t hold the bluetooth connection well and the battery doesn’t last well. The only good thing about it it is thin (covers only the face of the iPad and it really isn’t bad to type on.
I wonder if what I write will be different on an iPad than my laptop or desktop? I actually have never considered if what I write on my desktop and laptop is different, although it seems it would be, at least for the purposes of this journal.
Kind of like if you grow up in the desert, the mountains or the flat plains of Kansas, your environment affects your thinking.
Actually, I’m writing on my iPad because I always have a horrible time connecting my laptop at this Starbucks. Finally, I decided I’d use my iPad cellular connection, but the Starbucks wi fi hooked it right up!!!! Go figure.
My papers this morning were late (as they have been lately) so I hadn’t read the WSJ yet and read it on the iPad. It was wonderful, much better than on the computer for some reason. In fact, I hate to admit it, but, like the USA Today, it was better on the iPad than the actual paper, and much better than on the computer.
I read the other day that eventually we will come to one device, slightly larger than an iPhone, which will be all we need, no tablet or laptop. I’m not sure about, maybe all we will have is our watch or a ring or maybe it will be part of our clothes!
I hated to see the Fitbit Force isn’t going to be made any more. I don’t quite understand why, since it is only the band (I haven’t had any problems). I’m debating sending it in for a refund, since it will be an orphan device if they quit making it. It will have to do until Apple makes an iWatch.

No comments: