Thursday, February 27, 2014

Winter 2014 February 27 Thursday

21 Degrees this morning!  Spring, where are you!
Currently in my "second place" (Starbucks).  Early this morning to get car serviced, which is always an expensive proposition!  At least the car dealership has a nice waiting area with free coffee and water and even snacks and a light meal.
In the throes of making a final decision about medicare advantage plan (or supplement).  Fortunately we can change in six months or so if I pick the wrong one.  
In a waiting stage right now, as I wait for responses etc.  I have been busy sending out resumes, looking at medicare plans and similar items.  Now I am starting on my the China plans.  I should have been a travel agent. I really enjoy planning trips, probably more than I enjoy taking them.  In the case of the China trip I probably will also use a travel agent.   I have enjoyed reading about China, how to travel there, various tours etc.  I have even started to re-listen to Henry Kissinger's "China" to remember some of the history and culture.  I don't think I could ever learn to use chopsticks, but I can try.  One problem is I hate to commit to a specific flight since it is so expensive to change the flight and my plans could change. 
My jaw is a little swollen from the surgery this morning, for some reason.  I always get a little worried about that.  It doesn't hurt tho, which is good.  This phase was a lot better than the first phase, even though it did include a small graft. I will be glad to get it completed.
in spite of the cold, the sun is out today, which is nice.  
I started reading a book by Anne Hillerman, Tony Hillerman's daughter.  He was one of my favorite writers and i actually met him and had him sign a book for me when he appeared at the National Cowboy Hall of Fame.  So far she appears like she is maybe a little different writer than her father, but just as good in her own way.  I"ll read it and see.  I have been agonizing over medicare and the health plan so I haven't read a lot of it, but so far it has been an interesting read and I'm going to set aside several hours to enjoy it.

No comments: