Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Spring 2014 March 26 Wednesday

30 degrees this morning!  About 17 degrees below "normal" and only 5 degrees above the record low.  Walked my three laps this morning,  didn't cycle since getting a sore throat and didn't want to make it any worse, although I feel pretty good right now.
I hope I don't get to liking wearing sweat pants and walking shoes too well!  Actually, I am ready to get back to work, to say the least.  I have avoided changing my schedule (including working most of the time and avoiding wasting time).  I have also tried to keep my skills upgraded and do my "continuous improvement". 
Going to the Apple store today, both for a learning session (still on the basics of the MacBook Air and iMac) and to find out how my desktop got 60,000 photos on it!  (Malfunction of the "faces" program on iPhoto  I believe.)  I probably have 12,000 legitimate pictures, and the 60,000 makes it run very slow although it's really not bad. I actually like some of the "faces" it created, but not 1000 of each face.
(At Apple Store right now, learned to efficiently "air drop" and also to use more than one "notebook".  About time I learned this!  I decided I was going to learn all the basics I could.  This will save me a lot of time!)
Currently in my "second place"  (Starbucks), waiting for another session with Apple, working on fixing my iPhoto.  Simon and Garfunkel are on the music system (the Boxer), which brings back memories, not the song as much as the singers.
"When the student is ready, the teacher appears".  Somehow that seems to happen me a lot at the Apple Store (not putting too much Zen thought here, just an observation).  This morning, I, in passing, mentioned a problem I was having with multi-tasking and he showed me something that will save me oodles of time in "multi tasking".  Strange I have been using Apple computers for 7, almost 8 years and I didn't know a basic function of multi-tasking.  With my MacBook Air I can simply "swipe" and switch between a theoretically unlimited number of notebooks. Saves a lot of time switching back and forth and getting lost when I am "cutting and pasting" etc.   I spent the entire time working on "air drop" (which is like magic) and the multi-tasking, plus the iPhoto on my desktop.  I am going to go in this afternoon and try to get my iPhoto collection fixed up once and for all and backed up to Flickr and maybe Tumblr.  
The Apple Store is always a delight to go to.  The "Creatives" and "Geniuses" are usually dedicated and very interested in any problem.  When it is open, there is a certain pulse about the place (not the right word, but all I can think of right now).  
Maybe I ought to apply at the Apple Store!  At least they don't appear to discriminate on the basis  of age.   Actually, it would be fun helping the Apple owners learn how to use their computers.
That's it for now.  

No comments: