Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Winter 2014 March 12 Wednesday

61 degrees their morning.  Windy.  This morning I started off on my bicycle and originally I tough it   was a flat tire, but then I realized it was the unusually strong wind.  Coming back was a lot easier!  High wind is unusual out here, unlike the continuous wind in Oklahoma and Kansas.
Went to the Apple Store this morning, did an "open session" on learning more about my MacBook Air (one of the best computers-probably the best I have even worked on), but also going to the "genius bar" for some problems I was having with the MacBook Air (cutting out) and the problem with the bluetooth and the Logitech keyboard.  As usual, I leave all enthused and feeling good.  The positive attitude there is unbelievable!  I also learned a lot about my computer, and also learned I need several more sessions and there is A LOT of things I can do with it that I didn't have any idea I could do.  I am amazed every time I go there.
Currently in my "second place" a Starbucks.  Or maybe the Apple Store is really my second place and the Starbucks is my third place.  Not really, although I was in the Apple Store for over two hours this morning.  It is about 20 miles away, so I have to plan my trips there.  I don't know how Apple does it, but my two Shuffles (both about 7 years old) are still plugging away on the original batteries (if the batteries ever go out, as it did on one, it cost more to replace the battery than to buy a new one).  However, I don't really care for the design of the new ones (I have the latest model, it just isn't as good as the Shuffle, the one that is about the size of a gum package).
Cloudy and windy out, the temperature seems colder than it really is, not nearly as pleasant as I thought it might be.

No comments: