Saturday, March 01, 2014

Winter 2014 February 28 Friday

28 degrees this morning.  
It has been three months since I "worked" in the normal sense.  It was very strange at first and still not something I want to get used to.  I actually have been keeping busy, on a variety of projects and tasks and I am certainly ready to get back to full time or part time work.   Sometimes I think I ought to take the opportunity to review what I really want to do, but then I realize I was doing what I really wanted to do.  
Good to get back to regular exercise again, after it was disrupted by the injury to my hand, travel and my tooth implant surgery.  
Completed enrollment in Medicare, now I need to finalize China trip.  Working on best flight to Shanghai or Beijing.  Probably will fly to Shanghai and then take a "bullet train" to Beijing for a pre-conference study tour, then fly back to Yangzhou for the conference. (I can get the best flight schedules and fares from Memphis that way.)  I have been reviewing literature on China etc.
Otherwise, as far as a career etc. reviewing how I want to proceed with the rest of my lift.  I want to have as much control over it as possible and not be merely a matter of chance, if that makes any sense.  I have replaced my old business cards with cards reflecting my current status which is  step forward.  I have become one of the FedEx Office (formerly Kinkos) best customers.  I honestly didn't realize how much I could do there.  
Looking out, hoping to see signs of Spring.
Years ago (when I was in my late 30's/early 40's, I realized I had developed a thinking pattern that I would "start living when.... (whatever it was), which of course was always in the future.  Somehow I woke up and realized that I couldn't wait for someone to happen, an event etc., but if I wanted a full life, I had to take action even if everything wasn't "perfect".  I feel my self kind of treading water for the past few months waiting for something to happen.   I'm not about to get back into that frame of mind again although it was understandable I was in that frame of mind for the past three months.

No comments: