Saturday, March 08, 2014

Winter 2014 March 7 Friday

36 degrees this morning, "drizzle", supposed to rain or drizzle all day.  My favorite example of a bad weather day!
Last day of the Conference (it is a short conference, but always fresh thoughts and discussion).  Early start this morning. Even though I get up early, I always feel that the early morning hours are "my time" and I don't like event early starts or persons who schedule early meetings because "no one schedules meetings at this time".  Don't feel quite so resentful since I'm not working, but I still look at the early morning hours (basically from 3 a.m. to 8: a.m. as "my time".  Actually this 5 hours fill up fast since I walk, bicycle, go to the gym and stationary bicycle, read my newspapers, scan my e-mail, Facebook and there websites, take my mandatory 17 minute minimum nap (sometimes as long as 32 minutes), respond to e-mails, eat breakfast etc.  Actually I get  lot done in that time!
I need to get busy and learn  some of the more in-depth uses for some of the software programs I have.  It seems I should have more time, but i don't.  I know "you make time for what you have to do", but that still doesn't mean you can do what you want.  "Have to" do includes a lot of things.
This Spring would actually be a good time for my "ride with the Summer", but I don't feel I can take the time (getting a job is top priority), although with the time and money i am spending on the China trip.  More basically, I'm not really in shape to ride long distances right now.  I am planing on going on a small group ride some evenings as a way of getting used to riding with other bicyclists and also train for my "Ride with the Summer", which I am not planning for the Spring/Summer of 2015.  I decided to put a date on it (right now just a year, soon I will put a month and date on it and start getting motel reservations etc.

No comments: