Friday, March 28, 2014

Spring 2014 March 28 Friday

62 degrees this morning.  It is always hard to decide how to dress (for exercise in this case) when the temperature is in the range of 60 to 75.  (Above 75, no problem!).  Even, for example 73 degrees, in the early morning  can be relatively cool, depending on how dressed.
It has been a strange journey to, literally overnight, go from receiving up to a 100 e-mails a day, numerous phone calls etc, asking for a decision etc. to literally none.  Obviously I still get a lot of e-mails (mostly junk) and a few phone calls and some personal decisions to be be made, but it is not nearly the same as making decisions all the time.  Hopefully I will get back to it soon, or at least some variation.
In a moment of weakness (actually, I thought a lot about it, the weakness was increased by a $30 sale) I purchased a "Silverlitr Ferrari" which is controlled by a smartphone/ipad app.  It is actually sold by the Apple Store, although I got it elsewhere, sucked in by the $30 discount and free shipping.
As I frequently do, it has set around the house for about 3 weeks while I adjust to it being here and trying to find time to spend on the learning curve to use it.  Last night i started, and I am pleased the learning curve doesn't appear to be that extreme (at least just to get it going).  I'll see what I can do today with it.  For some strange reason it is not unusual for me to purchase something (such as my fitbit force, an iPod etc.) and let it sit for several weeks while I look at it and get comfortable with it.  It may be a subconscious knowledge that the new items will take up time and I am trying to adjust to the time it will take and I am trying to adapt to the time it will take and deciding how to incorporate it into my schedule.  Even though I am busy in a different way now, I am still very busy.
Speaking of "busy", I am always shocked at how much time I can take "piddling" on the computer, especially the internet.  This morning, due to rain (meaning I don't ride my bike) and getting up early for some reason I had some extra time and I thought, "good, I can put the batteries in the Ferrari and learn how to use it, or do some reading, etc.  Instead after reading the USA Today on my iPad, I started piddling on the internet etc. and ended up wasting my extra time!  Aaaaaah!
However, I am glad I have plenty to do.  I haven't been bored for years (other than while waiting in line etc.) and would hate to be bored. I am especially in-tune with wasting time in the early morning.  I enjoy my time from approximately 3:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., although I normally spend about 2 hours of it exercising and reading the papers.  I spend about another 45 minutes taking a nap (usually in the 17 minute range, although it may be longer) and eating breakfast,     The rest of the time is normally spent on the computer, writing (including this), responding e-mails etc.  I rarely read books or magazines during this period.
If I am concerned about a memo or letter etc., I frequently review it and compose it in my head while i am riding or cycling and then simply write it down when I get home.
Heavy rain last night, supposed to continue to rain some today.  Heavy rain came while I was a at ATC fitness this morning, confirming my decision not to ride the bicycle to the club.
I kind of see the Ferrari remote car as a preliminary action to eventually getting a (toy) drone to play around with.  I always liked the idea of the remote controlled helicopter, but I never got one, I figured after I learned to use it it wouldn't have any purposes.  (Although I can't think of a purpose for the Ferrari, but .....I guess it fits in with my car collection.
That's it for now.

No comments: