Sunday, March 16, 2014

Winter 2014 March 15 Saturday

54 degrees tis morning. 
Saturday used to be a special day, even though I normally did some work.  It still is a special day, but it tends to merge with other week days, but we still treat it like a Saturday.  As an example, we usually go out to eat Saturday morning for breakfast (or at least go to Starbucks), do shopping etc., things we could actually do during the week.  However, I hope we never change to the point that Saturday is not a special day.
The Ides of March today.  The year is going fast, Spring will be here next week, at least according to the calendar!  I can use the warm weather.  
Kali and Katherine are coming out for a visit this week.  It will be fun and hopefully they will be involved in helping weeding out the items we have accumulated through the years we don't need, or at least help pack them up for storage!  I think it will be fun to have them for a visit, but it will involve them in the process and hopefully their understanign of that process. It also will give them a chance to "earn" some money as we are paying them for any work they do in the tossing and cleaning process.  
My very first job, that I can remember, was cleaning out a septic tank.  I wore gloves and pushed this long thin wire thru the pipe for a restaurant in Waldo, Kansas (I don't recall the name of the restaurant).  I got .50 every time I did it and I thought I was rich.  Later, I started mowing lawns etc. in Waldo and helped a person who mowed cemeteries.  That is where I learned about snakes and mowing.  
Rained today, supposed to rain tomorrow.  

No comments: