Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Winter 2014 March 11 Tuesday

52 degrees this morning, Spring is in the air!!!!  This has seemed like a long and hard winter.
Once again, I have to comment on "videos".  I hardly ever watch "videos" on the computer (including YouTube) due to the amount of time they take.  On the USA Today iPad version (which is what I read the most "on line"), I virtually never watch the videos.  I can't imagine having the time to do so.  If they don't have a written copy, I just don't see it.  Of course, there is a place for videos I do watch, but I can't imagine looking at USS Today and CNN on the web site and watching the videos.  I guess I'm out of touch, but at least I don't waste the time.  
Good to get out and walk and bicycle again.  The City of Lakeland recently turned down a grant which would have creating a safe way for walkers and bicyclists to maneuver through a very dangerous area (that bisects a golf course yet!. One of those grandstanding decisions new persons do without thinking it through on how it affects the community.  Went bicycling in the neighborhood yesterday and saw probably 20 people walking etc.  I can only imagine what it would be like if the city officials at the time did not require sidewalks etc.  This doesn't help on the bicycling, but it does help the walkers.  
Reading "White Fire" ((Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child).  It caught my attention.  I don't read a lot of fiction anymore unless it really grabs me as something unusual and interesting, rather than a plot where the characters just change. 
Bicycled again this afternoon, trying to build up me stamina so I can participate in some longer rides  It was close to 70 degrees and felt great!

No comments: