Monday, March 17, 2014

Winter 2014 March 17 Monday

34 degrees this morning. Waiting for Spring!
Overall productive day.  Kali and Katherine were a lot of help in the tossing and straightening up areas.  I also took them out bicycling fora  while and was pleased they were not only good riders, but also seemed to experience the feeling of flow and freedom bicycle riding provides.
Cold all day, miserable weather for March 17.  I did notice some Bartlett Pears blossoming the other day (they usually blossom right before the final freeze, but I don't recall them blossoming so late in the year).  Haven't noticed any  crocus yet, or at least what I call crocus.
I think the Spring is especially important because of the brilliant green, the tree colors and especially all of the flowers and plants flowering.  It just provides a whole new framework for my day.
Haven't gotten back to reading my novel, maybe will finish it tomorrow.  It is nice to "get into" a novel and want to finish it.  I was listening the Doris Kearns Goodwin's book on Theodore Roosevelt and I was surprised to hear her mention William Allen White, Richard Harding Davis ,  Lincoln Steffens, and several other persons who I read in the high school literature books of my brothers and sister.  Since we didn't have tv, I read the literature books many times.  I am glad I had the opportunity to read extensively than and especially had access to the books.  

No comments: