Saturday, March 08, 2014

Winter 2014 March 6 Thursday

34 degrees this morning (33 degrees Memphis).  
Super good session today at the Conference, I am glad I decided to attend.  Hopefully I will get to apply what I learned in the near future!
While in the Air Force, I was stationed at Hampton Roads Virginia. I drove up to Williamsburg and I remember the historical "downtown" area of Williamsburg.  It wasn't really that far.  
I think of who I was when I first visited Williamsburg, I was probably 25 years old and anxiously waiting to get out of the Air Force so my life could start.  Now I am 66 years old and once again, waiting for my life (work life anyway) to start.  When I was about in the 8th grade, I picked up the mail and check on a neighbor, who always told me she was just waiting for her life to end.  I hope I never get in that situation or feel that way.  I'm not belittling her feelings in any way, I just hope I never feel that way.  I always want to feel there is one more mountain to climb, one more river to cross, one more desert to feel and another friend to see and visit with again.  
I feel a cold coming on, could be just a reaction to the change of location and the unseasonal cold weather.  The cold up here seems colder than in Memphis, probably the wind.  I hate getting a cold and realizing I will feel like I am underwater for the next 7 days.  When I feel it coming on, sometimes I can forestall it by drinking a lot of water and Gatorade.  Sometimes not.  I used to drink a lot of Gatorade, until I realized it was like drinking sugar.  Now I drink it rarely, but I keep it around fro use a needed.  Usually I buy a case of small (12 ounce) bottles, and end up throwing some away since they are out of date and starting to taste bad.  I figure it is better to throw them away then drinking them when I don't need them which is "throwing them away" and possible damaging my health at the same time. 

No comments: