Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring 2014 March 23 Sunday

38 degrees this morning.
Ready to get back to my regular schedule (which is rather irregular at this point anyway).  Have noticed a lot of "springtime" flowers, grass turning green etc., which is certainly welcome.  
All of the teams I was interested in at the "March Madness" have crashed (except for Tennessee) and only the ones I thoroughly dislike (such as Kentucky and Louisville, primarily because of what I think of the coaches and the "pro" type teams who are actually at college for probably the basketball season for one year)) are still in it,  I am amazed at the number of "sports talk" channels on radio and sports "talking heads" on tv etc.  I can't imagine listening to them, but everyone to their own.  One thing I really find irritating  is when a team loses by 3 points or so, and the announcers start to act like the team that "won" is so much better than the team that "lost".  While I feel it is true that good teams win the close games, it still is largely a matter of luck on the close games.   So much for that.
Being with Kali (14 years old) and Katherine (11 years old), I remembered (to some degree) how I felt at that age.  I'm not sure if things really have changed that much, except the environment and a lot of the learning procedures have changed a lot.  
I have spent so much time with correcting problems with both private and public organizations recently, primarily due to incompetence or attempts to overuse technology, I am beginning to wonder what does work right.   This includes government organizations as well as private businesses.  This includes Social Security (Where I have been told totally different answers by representatives within the same office), cell phone companies (one problem is corrected and another problem is created), organizations that use "on line" applications only, and the computer program doesn't work, or that require you to telephone and then they never answer the phone etc.  I am making a list and starting to keep track.  There appears to be a lot of reliance on technology that doesn't work because the people involved don't know how to maintain it etc. and they expect too much of technology.  It has been very frustrating.
That's it for today.

No comments: