Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Winter 2014 March 4 Tuesday

16 degrees this morning!  Good to be able to get out of the house.  I did my usual walk this morning, didn't bike (flat tire), but went to ATC.  
Probably feeling a touch of "cabin fever" after not hardly getting out at all yesterday.  It really wasn't near as bad as I expected it to be.  Of course, except for a brief outage, we had electricity the entire time, so that makes a big difference.
Checked on my tooth surgery today.  Everything looked good, and I will complete the final phase in 4 1/2 months, which means the entire process was approximately one year!  
Sad to say, I never received the letter I was supposed to receive from Medicare.  The letter was extremely important and I finally gave up and went over to the office where I stood in line for an hour in 27 degree weather (with about 50 other people) and got the paperwork. I was advised to bring it back since "they are three weeks behind on their mail".  Sad commentary on a program which is so vital to people. The letters and forms never getting to me is a real puzzle.  I wonder how often this happens?

Delta Airlines never ceases to amaze me.  About a week ago, I noted that they had placed Aliene and I in the middle seat (of three seats) and placed us about ten rows apart, which didn't make a lot of sense.   I e-mailed the "customer service"  (I'm amazed it is called that) and before I received a response, I tweeted @deltaAssist.  Within minutes, @DeltaAssist had the matter resolved.  Not perfect, but the best I could really expect (Aliene and I together, but in a window seat and a middle seat).
In the meantime, after this I get a nasty letter from "customer service"  advising me that is just the way it is and Delta didn't really care what their customers thought, they had the power.  (If I hadn't gotten the @DeltaAssist help, I would have published the letter everywhere I could).
What REALLY amazed me was I checked the seats again (mainly to insure against no dirty tricks by Delta) and found the aisle seat, which had been shown as occupied was now available as a "premium seat"  for an extra price!  For $9 yet.  Delta did't care who whey alienated, for an additional $9.  
To make it even more amazing, I started to get the seat and then realized if I couldn't move Aliene, it would be a problem.  So I decided to move Aliene.  She won't charged for the move!   All that and they could have changed our seats from the very beginning!  I think Delta's "revenue enhancements" have gotten in the way of  what their objective is supposed to be. 
In addiiton, Aliene was offered $50 off a rental car rental fora week.  I was offered $30 off!  Talk about targeted marketing!Hopefully looking out a the last (and first) snow of the winter.

 No trash pickup either yesterday or today (scheduled yesterday).  I can understand missing yesterday, but I don't understand them missing today.   

No comments: