Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring 2014 March 30 Sunday

37 degrees this morning.  The cool weather continues.
Life seems to develop it's own patterns, and I still follow the patterns of doing certain activities on the weekend, especially Saturday.  Even though I could do them on a weekday, and probably with less hassle and crowds,  I wait for the weekend.  When "every day is a Saturday except for Sunday", it seems the patterns would be changed somewhat.  Even though I am keeping my general schedule (I get up at the same time, exercise etc. 
Signs of spring and summer are appearing and I except soon will be here.  Can't be too soon as far as I'm concerned.
My picture of Marilyn Monroe feel and broke the glass yesterday.  Fortunately we were able to save the picture itself.  Actually it is a signed poster of the Marilyn Monroe stamp.  I really didn't realize it had glass like that in there.  I pick up odd pieces of art here and there and I checked our other paintings etc. to make sure it didn't have similar glass.  
Reading "The People of the Book", trying to at least get some of it read before Book Club meets on Wednesday, to at least get the spirit of the book.  I didn't know what I would think of it based on reviews and some comments I had read, but it is interesting enough to keep me reading.  I am reading it on my iPad.  I happened to read a review and summary before I started reading the book, which helped m understand a relatively difficult book to understand what was happening.
Turned out to be a beautiful day, a little cool.
With the elimination of the Tennessee women basketball team, the only teams left are the ones I watch hoping they they will get beat, with an emphasis on Kentucky getting beat, hopefully as bad as possible,  if I watch it at all.      
We actually watch almost everything on tape so we can watch when we want to.  Also, I can skip over the "talking heads" and the "analysis", as well as the commercials.  
I was amazed that an old iPod Shuffle that I had given up for dead suddenly showed signs of life and now is holding a charge and acting like everything is fine!  This is one of the three "gumstick" iPod shuffles Apple made.  I think the 3rd generation.  I got them about seven years ago and they just keep on chugging along, with the original battery.  Actually, I have not replaced a battery in any Apple product i own (including a laptop purchased about 7 years ago that i gave to my granddaughter)  Super quality!  I ended up with three of these shuffles (two of them as gifts) and the battery is still good in each one.  I also have an iPhone 3 and 3g I use as an iPad Touch, I use them for music, books etc., and my original iPod is still working find.  My original iPad is still working fine, if a little old and cranky.  
Later....busy day, getting items boxed up, replaced the weed material and mulch in the area where we keep the trash carts.  I finished up with a bike ride, as it developed into a very pleasant day.  
Trying to develop the habit of keeping track of what I eat (and my exercise) on "MyFitness Pal" .  It does ell to keep track of what I eat, even if I estimate a lot.
That's it for today.

No comments: