Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Winter 2014 January 7 Tuesday

5 degrees this morning.  (yes, five degrees, single digit!).  This is the coldest it has been since we moved here, I can't actually rememberer the last time it has been this cold.  Walked this mooring, not bad.  I don't bicycle out of caution.  I did ride yesterday in about 14 degree weather, and it really wasn't that bad, except for my fingers getting cold.  +15 libs over my target weight today, although only the Monday weigh-in is recorded.
Apple store today to try to figure out my iPhoto photos.  I have a lot of photos to delete and organize.  I am also going to try a new keyboard for my iPad which is connoted with magnets. I haven't had a lot of luck with magnet conniptions, but I couldn't really find anything else.  I bought a "smart cover", which turned out to be an absolute disaster, one of the worst products Apple has ever made.  (I dropped the iPad twice due to the defective "smart cover".  Even Apple personnel recommended I go to Office Depot (not specifically, but to another store) to get a decent case. Hopefully this will work out better, but I have 14 days to take it back.  
Noted in the WSJ this morning that "ginger" may help asthma.  I need to let Angela know about that.  I have "exercise induced" (which is made worse by cold weather) asthma, but it really isn't that bad.  I cover my mouth when I exercise in the cold and do the 'puffs".
The "puffs" are a perfect example of environmental stupidly or maybe a payoff some place.  The "puffs" were working find and were cheap to buy.  THEN to minimize the "environmental impact" of all of those puffs (probably  one minute of a small jet from all of them together), the FDA changed the standards and only one company could meet the standards.  Of course the price went sky-high and it doesn't work near as good.  I strongly believe in environmental improvement, but his was simply stupid, someone had they head in a place it shouldn't be.  To be honest, I don't know for sure that this explanation is true, but I know it went from a very effective drug to a lot less effective and substantially more expensive.  A pharmanist told me about the FDA and the reason for the change was the "environmental damage" caused by the aerosol. 
"Weeded out" two file drawers yesterday.  A lot of memories in there, but very little I really needed.  I thought about scanning all of it before I tossed it, but decided not to. Probably, after not looking at it for at least 7 years, I will need it tomorrow!  There are a few items I will send to "shoeboxed" to get scanned.   I am going back to try to weed one book per day.  It is hard to do, believe it or not. 
I looked at the "Apple" remote control Ferrari on the Brookstone web site, and, sure enough, I get this creepy message about the item in my Facebook news feed.  Makes you want to get disconnected, at least don't give your real name.  I'm sure I will start getting junk mail and junk phone calls now about it.  One reason I NEVER use the "sign in with Facebook" option.  
Need to go through my papers today again and start sorting stuff out.  Actually hasn't been that bad yet.  One good thing I don't have to weed stuff, I just want to slim it down a little!

No comments: