Monday, January 27, 2014

Winter 2014 January 27 Monday

46 degrees, wind made it seem much colder!  Supposed to get much colder today.
I'm having to retying two of my favorites, Apple Computers and Southwest Airlines.  
The other day I had an appointment at the Apple Computer Germantown "Genius Bar".  The "customer service" woman who checked us in was snippy to say the least and probably rude and ignorant and ageist describes her best.  For the first time in the Apple Store, I felt I was targeted because of my age.  One incident does not make Apple a bad place, but it seemed to continue with ignorant unhelpful sales persons.  I guess normally they all are so good, when you meet (what I hope) is an exception, you start to wander.  Since the Germantown Apple Store personnel always being so helpful is one of the reasons I own almost all Apple products, it is important to me.  Of course along with that is the high prices of Apple products (buts worth it so far), the increasing inability to get reservations for the Apple "1to 1" training program and lack of innovation etc.
As far as Southwest Air Lines, checking air fares the other day, the SWA fare was higher even than Delta, the king of high fares!  I found fares on "TraveloCity" for almost $400 less than Southwest and $250 less than Delta. Of course, all I need to do is not fly Southwest Air Lines or Delta on their high priced fares and I won't, but I'm just disappointed in Southwest.
Enough griping for today!  It is Monday, and in spite of the wind, expect it to be a good week! I am counting the days untilI get the stitches out of my hand where I cut my hand.  I haven't been able to ride my bikes since the incident Thursday and I am really feeling it!   It is hard to explain, but I am very aware of something missing in my life!

No comments: