Sunday, January 05, 2014

Winter 2014 January 5 Sunday

48 degrees this morning.  Supposed to be much lower later today (in single digits).  It was supposed to rain at 4 a.m. this morning.  I even saw the little green clouds coming this way.  So I didn't ride my bike to the gym.  Of course, it is now 7:21 a.m. and it still hasn't rained!  Not that I will ever complain that it's not raining that day (although I realize we need rain).
Sunday morning, tomorrow is the first day after "the Holidays"  Eight of the 11 holidays actually fall from November 11 to mid-February.  
Started reading a book by Alan Greenspan, 'The Map and the Territory".  Perhaps I shouldn't be so surprised that it is so readable and informative, but I am .  It actually is an excellent book if you want to learn about the financial crisis.  Other books i have lined up and ready to read includes  Jim Cramer "Get Rich Carefully"  (CNBC "Mad Money); Christann Brennan, "The Bite in the Apple" and Jefferson Bass "Cut to the Bone".   The last is a "body farm" mystery.  These are just the library books I am reading, I have about five others ready to go.  Of course, I never have enough time, so I end up reading about a book every week.  I've had to cut out a lot of what I'd like to read, but I"m just glad I have the opportunity to read.
The "Body Farm" novel revolves around a real "body farm" around Knoxville (there are also a few others) that study changes in bodies etc. to help law enforcement.  I thought about, and probably will donate myself (after death of course) for the cause.  I like the idea of being outside instead of underground or burned up.  Not that I will probably care at that time, but who knows?
A lot of projects this week, primarily going through my stuff and trying tow weed out what to throw away, give away, sell or donate, if anything.  I also have some other projects (writing etc., training at Apple) I am working on.  Also plan on starting back at Toastmasters if I can find a club in a reasonable distance at a good time.
See three deer out back in the trees.  That is one reason I love this house.
Read this morning about an "all digital" library (all computers and iPads).  No problem with that but I hope they don't forget the traditional books.

No comments: