Saturday, January 25, 2014

Winter 2014 January 25 Saturday

30 degrees this morning, some wind made it seem cooler.  Couldn't bike due to hand wound.  Technically I can bike tomorrow, but I may wait another  day.  Sitting in Starbucks, my "third place".  (Actually, my "second place" right now!)
I am surprised at what I can do with my left hand when I have to use it (when I can't use my right hand since I can't grasp with it).  Necessity is the mother of invention, or something like that.
This has been one of the coldest winters since I have been in Tennessee since 2001.  I don't recall it ever getting below 18 degrees or so before and never to single digits, plus it was generally warmer than it has been.  I assume it is one of the cycles we go through.  One winter it warmed up in February and never got cold again.
Getting ready for a conference in China, which should be enjoyable and an experience.  I figured we may never have the time and money again.  It is an ICMA conference that is worth it for me to make some adjustments so I can afford to attend it.  I expect I will learn a lot professionally and personally and it actually is relatively affordable. I usually enjoy planning a trip almost as much as I enjoy taking it, so I am trying to figure out what we can see without committing to too much.  
Actually, I thought I would get a lot of reading done the past two months, but  I really have been too busy with everything else (different projects etc.)

No comments: