Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Winter 2014, January 22, Wednesday

16 degrees this morning.  Not particularity bad, since there was no wind.  I did my regular exercise (walk about 30 minutes, bike to ATC, stationary bike etc.)   Main problem is the amount of extra time it takes to dress for the weather.  An extra layer etc., it all starts to add up.
Newspapers arrived on time, which was good.  It gives me a good start on the day to be able to read them early, usually as I ride the stationary bike at ATC Fitness.  I just started using my "Fitbit Force". It is interesting how it keeps track of everything and "syncs" wirelessly, as long as I have the toggle in my computer.
I downed "box", which is similar to "dropbox", cloud (Amazon), Skydrive (Microsoft) and iCloud (Apple).  I like them all, although I use dropbox and cloud the most right now.  I got 50 GB free on box, which was enough to decide me to switch to Box to store a lot of items!  I still need Apple iCloud to sync my information between all my apple devices (it actually automatically syncs my iPhone, iPads, laptop and desktop so everything I do on one is reflected on the other.  
I feel like today is going to be a great day!  Nothing wrong with being positive! Some years ago, I did decide I was going to have to stop "living in the future" and start "living in the present", mainly meaning I wasn't going to put off so much to some "future self".  I guess that is about the same as was discussed in the "The Willpower Instinct" when a person feels they will have more time, have more willpower, be more confident etc. in the future.  Maybe it's not all that related after all, but it is somewhat the same concept.
Working on "weeding" "things".  Very difficult.  It is a littler easier if I am giving them away, at least I feel the item may have a useful life elsewhere, so to speak.  
As far as the weather is concerned, I'm glad there isn't any snow involved.  I can deal with the cold.

No comments: