Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Winter 2014 January 28 Tuesday

18 degrees this morning, wind actually made it seem colder.  Walked this morning, didn't bicycle because of wound to hand.  I am ready to start bicycling again.  I dread the day when I realize I will never bike again due to health reasons or whatever.  Kind of like when you are sick and you hope you will be able to feel how it will be to feel well again.  Actually, I should be able to bike Friday, as soon as I get the stitches out Thursday.  Assuming the  weather cooperates.  I don't ride in the rain and, at least as long as i live out here where there is little wind, I don't usually ride much in the wind, although  I'll  ride to the gym etc.
I thought this morning, I am wearing clothes I haven't worn literally for years this winter.  It just wasn't cold enough in past winters to hasten with the cold weather gear, but this winter I am glad I have it!  I have coats I have never worn for at least 12 years that I am wearing.  Not something I really  wanted to find out when I am focused on "weeding" what I own!
Pete Seeger died last night, I saw the news this morning.  As I recently mentioned, his singing (especially the song "Little Boxes" had a major effect on my life, especially on my thinking when I was a teenager. Much later, in Oklahoma City, I believe in 1989, I saw him personally and heard him sign the song.  
I am amazed at the influence of news media on your thoughts and thinking.  I know about sports figures that I never watch  or read about, "reality  shows" winners etc. that I never watch etc, it is just amazing what I pick up.  I don't specifically read about sports stars, singers or "celebrities" but I probably can remember their names or at least associate their name with what they do. 
I remember in college, in Economics, I learned for the first time that advertising can be good!  (Provides information etc).  It was a revelation to me, although I realize the truth in it.  Of course, it also pays for much of our entertainment (tv, news media etc.)!
Expect some important news today (Tuesday) or tomorrow conceding my future plans, although I have found that important news or major Change Agents have a way of jumping out at me when least expected.  

No comments: