Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Winter 2014 January 21 Tuesday

43 degrees this morning.  However that is probably the high for the day as the weather is already noticeably colder.  It is now 34 degrees with wind and is supposed to go down to  28 degrees by 11 a.m.!  There is also a wind that makes it seem colder.   
Newspapers arrived late this morning, around 6:30 a.m.  I may or may not read them today, but if this is the new schedule I am canceling all three of them!  I assume the normal Commercial Appeal carrier, who is normally so reliable was ill or may have had car trouble.  A  good news carrier is wonderful.
Reentry into the normal world again after a trip out of town.  It is always a time of finding things again, remembering where you packed them and dealing with the aches and pains of a long car trip  (or a cramped airline seat, but a long car trip this timeI).  
The wind is up and howling, which makes it seem colder.  I am ready for Spring.  I always think that around this time of year we need to take a long trip somewhere that it is hot, hot, hot, or at least reasonably warm!  My Uncle John and Aunt Ruth (if I remember correctly) always did that and I thought it was a great idea. 
Indulging in my secret vice of watching Country Western videos.  I don't actually sit and watch them, they are on and sometimes they catch my attention.  Keith Urban just had a really good one on.  I tope them so I can avoid some of the more toxic commercials, primarily the ones from "Progressive" insurance with "Flo".  A good reason I will never buy Progressive insurance, probably wouldn't anyway since I am an Allstate fan (converted from a State Farm fan after a traffic accident where I was blown off.  Aliene had Allstate and I had State Farm so we knew we had to go with one anyway, and the customer service failure by State Farm made it easy to change.  Funny, the same thing happened to my Dad with State Farm when I was in the 5th or 6th grade.  Maybe the culture of State Farm hasn't changed much.  All I know is, the few claims we have had, Allstate has always come through without any hassle and State Farm has always been some kind of hassle.

No comments: