Friday, January 31, 2014

Winter 2014 January 31 Friday

41 degrees this morning.  
Had my stitches out of my hand yesterday. Unfortunately, the Doctor advised me not to ride the bicycle for another 7-10 days to prevent any problems.  Ouch, now that hurts!  I have gotten used to riding my bike almost every morning (and many afternoons), so it is like a major change in my routine, especially something I really enjoy.
January 31 of 2014.  I have a hard time believing 2014 is already 1/12 over.  For some reason, over my lift February 6 (or at least the general time frame) has been a harbor of major change in my life.  I won't go into the changes, but I first noticed this in 1989 and it has continued.  Not every February, but it has been often enough it is rather significant.  I wondered at times if it was somehow related to the coming of Spring, something in me that makes me change in February or-most likely-just one of those things.  This has been for both very trivial things and major life changes.  Kind of like if I go back and look, every major life change I have had involves me going through Kansas City within the six months prior to the major life change!  Of course, I have gone through Kansas City many times without any major life changes, but, on the other hand, I don't go through Kansas City all that often!  I don't quite know why this is on my mind, except that February 6 (or the time frame) as a date for major positive changes for me has been a factor over my life.  Note, I said POSITIVE change!
Continuing on my pictures of my Hot Wheels cars.  I am doing just a few a day (not more than four), so I won't realize how much time it is taking me!  At 4 per day (really every other day, say 180 days per year, I will finish in about two years.  On the other hand, as I always say, if I DON"T start, in two years I still won't have posted the pictures!  My cars are on Tumblr, "RobertWherryHotWheelsCollection". My main problem is I haven't been able to put the stats on the main picture, so I"ll need to go to iPhoto and put the stats on (such as the date of manufacture, the model, place of manufacture etc.).  
Usually that is what I feel people about college-even if it takes you four years to finish, in four years if you don't start you won't have a degree!   However, the advice applies to everything.  
Sometimes I think about the amount of time I spend on trivial type items.  (I read someplace that the average person spends a large part of their life-such as a year or so, I don't recall exactly-shaving, etc.  That is one reason I sleep 4 1/2 hours per night (plus about another hour of naps during the day).  There just isn't enough time.

No comments: