Saturday, January 11, 2014

Winter 2014 January 11 Saturday

54 degrees this morning.  
Sitting in Starbucks on a Saturday morning.  Sun is actually shining, supposed to warm up.
Been working on taking pictures of my Hot Wheels collection.  Current efforts are at  http://robertwherryhotwheelscollection.tumblr.com.  Just getting started posting the pictures so there may/will be some revisions later.  Note that I probably have over a thousand Hot Wheels, so it will be awhile before I get it completed, in fact I will probably never get it completed, as such.  Even if I get all of the cars on there (which is a big maybe), I will be continuing to add and revise.  I still buy them, and occasionally, when I am in Oklahoma City at the right time, I go to a Hot Wheels show, which is really nice.  I was surprised when I took my granddaughters to the show several years ago (they are 14 and 11 now, so they were probably 12 and 9 then), and they both loved it.
Not sure why, at my age, I still buy them and enjoy them, but I figure is it a relatively inexpensive hobby when each one is less than $1, at least in most cases.  I tend to target more now, buying race cars an Ferraris and any car like one I have ever owned or even liked for that matter.  I also like to buy construction and public safety vehicles/equipment Hot Wheels if they are well done.
By the way, it isn't just "Hot Wheels", I also have a lot of Matchbox and some other brands/generic ones that I have picked up over the years.  If I like them, I buy them, but I normally get Hot Wheels.  I also have some larger ones that I will post also.  
This is a project I have been working on for some time.  I think the right equipment (an iPad miniI) and time (Tumblr) has arrived.  I probably will try to upload the pictures to Blogger and Google Plus also.  It is fun right now, as time goes on it could become a hassle (when I learn how to do it!), so I am just doing a few at a time so I don't get tired of it. 
Almost the middle of January.  We will have some decisions to make shortly which will have long term effects.  Still have  a couple of opportunities I will see if anything comes of.
Our weeping willow tree was bent over from the ice storm (the ice broke the stick that kept it straight), so I need to figure out how to get it straightened up before the growing period begins.  

No comments: