Saturday, January 04, 2014

Winter 2014 January 4 Saturday

28 degrees this morning.  Actually felt colder than yesterday when it was 18 degrees.  Walked, but drove to ATC.  Currently, looks like it will be a nice day, although supposedly rain, snow and extremely cold temperatures are coming, just in time for school starting again!
Working on a variety of projects that are keeping me busy.  Trying to fit in some reading and having a hard time finding the time.  Usual!.  Trying my best to keep up with "My Fitness Pal", so at least I am aware of how much I eat.  My goal is to be down another 10 lbs by late February or early March.  If I don't get there by then I'll re-evaluate my program and decide if I simply need more time or if I need to make some changes.
Sitting in Starbucks on a Saturday morning.  I really enjoy it here.  I love their coffee, but find their food to be less than satisfactory, at least what I have tried.  (I'm not counting their oatmeal or peanut butter cookie.  I am referring to their breakfast food, especially the wraps.  They are almost uneatable.  The oatmeal is ok, but....  In spite of that the coffee and atmosphere and staff are excellent.  I don't know whey they don't have a better breakfast.  They do have a bunch of sugary food I don't eat anymore, unless I am really desperate.  I don't know why Starbucks can't develop a better breakfast, and more variety of healthy food.  Also, it is weird and strange that they don't have any recycling containers!  They need to start walking the talk.  But the coffee and atmosphere more than make up for any failings in the food, I just don't eat their food.
Reading this morning about the "death" of the print media.  Probably correct, although I really hate to see it.  Of course I read it in print, so it isn't completely dead.  Buffet's thesis was that print media will continue to thrive to provide local news.  Maybe.
Speaking of "walking the talk", many apps for smart phones, tablets etc. (iPhone and iPad in my case) don't "walk their talk" and I delete them after they either don't hold up to their promises, continually crash etc.
Temperature was forecast at 18 this morning, hopefully the forecast will be better than forecast.

No comments: