Monday, January 20, 2014

Winter 2014 January 19 Sunday

27 degrees, OKC, 39 degrees Memphis.
Sunday, January 19, 1997, Aliene and I met and actually started what resulted in us getting married.  We didn't actually have a date for a week.  We actually had known each other for two years (through a dance club), but the stars didn't align right until this date, exactly 17 years ago!  We got married, June 7, 1997, so things worked right fast!
Birthday breakfast this morning, enjoyed it. 
Took car back to Hertz.  I always have a little sense of relief when I get the rental car back, even though I have insurance on it.
Drove through Dallas, to look at another possible project.  I don't recall there being so many ramps and overpasses before, even just on I-635, wait outside of downtown Dallas!  We drove I-30 east to Arkansas, and I always surprises me at how big Texas really is.
Speed limit in Texas on rural Interstates is 75, which usually means everyone automatically goes at least 80:).  However it didn't seem to be that way today, most cars (with emphasis on most) drove at or just slightly above the speed limit.

No comments: