Monday, January 20, 2014

Winter 2014 January 18 Saturday

39 degrees this morning, 23 degrees in Memphis.  
Cool, but nice day yesterday.  Enjoyed visiting with Angela and Kali and Katherine, we ate at "Paddywagons", which was good.  Good swim this morning, I would really like to set it up so i could walk, bicycle and then swim every day or at least most days!
Time marches on.  January 18 already.  The days just tend to flow, even with special events here and there.  it seemed like I was preparing so much for Thursday, and it is now past and I need to start preparing for the next project, and i don't have any idea when or where or if I even need a new project!  
Supposed to be a beautiful day today and tomorrow.

Went to Harrah today, hadn't been out there for several years (I was City Manager there for 12 years).  I was very, very pleased to see the main park had been beautifully completed and it was being well used by a large number of people.  The Park Board, residents and Commission got really involved in the park and worked together to provide a great asset for the town.  Mayor Glen West (who passed a young age several years after I went to Lakeland) spent many hours of time on a bulldozer working on the park.  It was great to see the success the community had accomplished.  
In addition, they got their dream of a Historical Museum completed and I noted a large number of houses have been built in the past 12 years.  Shows what can be accomplished when the residents work together.  

No comments: