Monday, January 13, 2014

Winter 2014 January 13 Monday

55 degrees this morning.  An unexpected rain.
Radio station at ATC Fitness this morning was absolutely horrible.  The announcer must have stopped growing in maturity at about 6 years old and his callers are worse.  Playing stupid "tricks" which are vicious and not funny at all.  Music is really horrible and not gym music at all.  I don't know why ATC Fitness can't have better music.  Otherwise, it is great, always clean and well maintained etc.  and really can't be beat.  I don't notice it that much when I ride my bike, but when I drive (like this morning when it was raining), it is horrible.   
I am really enjoying the warmer weather.  Hopefully it is a pre courser to an early Spring.  
Listening (and reading) Jim Cramer's (Mad Money) book " Get Rich Carefully".  I enjoy reading it and enjoy watching it when I have time.  I used to record his podcast and listen to it as I walked the next morning so it was timely, but I missed the opportunity to listen to other books.  I primarily listen to non-fiction books when I walk, sometimes I buy the book (like The Willpower Instinct) or listen to it several times.  I have listened to some interesting books, everything from Lincoln, the Civic War, an entire book (and very interesting!) on perfume, one on the history of the search for uranium (this one will shock you), ad the Aztecs (this one will really horrify you),  Audiobooks vary widely, I was really looking forward to a book about the building of the Panama Canal, but it was disappointing.  I don't know if it would be better if I read the actual book or not.  I am currently listening to and reading "Get Rich Carefully", which is interesting.  I see what I missed in one when I hear or read it in the other!
I have loved reading about and studying investments since i was in the 8th grade.  I have long given up hope of "getting rich" whether carefully or not, but I still enjoy reading about it.  I actually started when we got an afternoon paper when I was in the 8th grade.  I'd grab it and read the comics (at the back) and my Dad said (i doubt if he was serious, but....I thought he was back then) that if all I was going to read was the comics he was going to cancel the paper.  So, I started faking reading it and begin my lifelong love of newspapers, politics and the stock market and investments.  
I am always surprised when I look back and note the small events which later became major factors in the way my life has been effected.
Hopefully the rain will stop and the sun will reappear, but right now it doesn't look it it!

No comments: