Monday, January 20, 2014

Winter 2014 January 16 Thursday

33 degrees this morning, 31 degrees in Memphis  
This is the day I have been preparing for for several weeks now, and thinking about for almost a month and one-half.  The completion of the project, or the beginning of another project, depending on how everything goes.  Yesterday, I prepared for it all day and really have been working on it almost full time since last weekend, and especially since I got some new questions on Monday.  It has been an interesting process, regardless.  I feel privileged to have been selected for it for up to this point, no matter how it turns out.
In Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.  An interesting City.  I am staying near the "Bass  Pro" shops, or whatever it is called.  Where one is built, there seems to be many other restaurants, hotels and small retail.  More power to them.  
After this, going on to Oklahoma City to visit family.  
As I wait for the day to begin, I always wander what makes the "moment of trial" either a success or a failure.  I think practice and preparation is 80% of it, with temporary factors concerning how you feel etc. about 15% and other factors 5%.  The environment and your "competition" could play a larger role than that, but I can't help but feel practice and competition is most of it.  I remember when I competed in sports in high school there was always that "moment of truth", much as when a sports player has that moment when you either do it.... or your don't.  In my situation, it is more of a matter of do the best I can and I can't control the competition, so I just wish them the best also, and go on.
Watching an article on CNBC about the "second machine age".  I love technology, but sometimes I feel like the chess champion who said he would beet the worlds best computer chess player by "bringing along a hammer".  

No comments: