Thursday, August 01, 2013

Summer 2013 August 1


79 degrees this morning.  Still slightly coolish from the rains last night.
I am amazed that Staples Office Supplies and Dell Computer stay in business based on their horrible customer "service".  
As discussed before, an item I bought at Staples Office Supplies quit working.  I following instructions and, in spite of having purchased an "extended warranty" that guaranteed in house repair, I was advised to "call the 800 number".  I did and was advised a "box to return the item will be sent to you".  That was over three weeks ago.
I even received an e-mail from the Staples "Office of the President" and they apologized and said I would be send a "store card" to purchase another item to "fulfill the contract".  Guess what?  That was two weeks ago, still no action!!!  Pathetic.
Dell Computer isn't much better.  I have written on this before, so I won't bore you with it.
I always like August.  Of course, my birthday is in August and the weather is usually the type I like.  I actually enjoyed going to school so I alway anticipated returning to school.
One think I don't personally like about election campaigns is all of the yard signs.  I realize they are necessary and all that, but I am so glad when the election period and (most of) the signs are picked up, at least no new ones are put out.  
August ought to be an interesting month.  I hate to see baseball season end, but it also means (college for me) football will begin. 
My six (or seven?) year old MacBook battery is finally going out.  I get a message to "replace soon".   I hope that is referring only to the battery.
The morning "hyper time" continues.  I don't really know where the time goes in the morning. It is like someone forwards the clock.

No comments: