Friday, August 09, 2013

Summer 2013 August 9


82 degrees in Memphis, 74 degrees in Van Buren, Arkansas, with rain.
 I have been keeping a "journal" (with occasional lapses) for about 25 years now, since the summer of 1988.  Some are in electronic form (perhaps forever lost in the 5 1/4" "floppy disks" with "Leading Edge" work processing, others are in boxes, the last few years they are on the "cloud" or in public blogs.  I originally started just writing my thoughts (very private), then started a "calendar" of where I went, ate etc.  I actually have kept that up fairly well.  As time got limited, I limited my time spent on my personal journal, but almost always kept up my calendar.  I envisioned myself going back over the years to see how I grew (or didn't grow), perhaps to see how I resolved conflicts, while I made the decisions I did etc., but actually never have.  I actually benefit a lot just from writing about my day and what has happened and how I feel.
As with all records, accessing them is the key.  

No comments: