Friday, August 16, 2013

Summer 2013 August 16


66 degrees this morning!  I am ready for the return to hot weather, although the daytime has been nice, weather wise.
Finished reading (actually listening to) "Steve Jobs".  It is a great book on the development of the computer age, regardless of what you may think of Steve Jobs or Apple Computer.  I will probably buy the book just to have it around to re-read.  He made some major mistakes on products (I have several of the latest iPod Shuffles to prove it!), but also some wonderful products (iPhone 5, iMac etc.).
I thought the second of my three original iPod shuffles (the gumstick ones) battery had gone out this morning, but I think it is recharging. I really like the gumstick ones and feel the iPod shuffles after that were basically failures.  I do like the latest iPod Nano.
I started listening to a book on "Willpower".  I'll give it several sessions, but was not impressed by the first listening.  I guess I don't have the willpower to suffer through it!  
The political campaign in Lakeland continues.  Obviously I can't say much about it, except it brings out the worst in some people and the best in others.  Worst of all, it trashes up the environment with signs.  Realize they may be necessary, but I'm not sure why.  In as way it is insulting to voters to assume their votes can be obtained by a large number of signs hoping they will vote based on name recognition like selling soft drinks.  At least is will be over in a month or so.
The last weekend of Redbirds baseball (The Memphis Redbirds, the minor league team for the St. Louis Cardinals).  It has been a lot of fun attending the games.  While both Aliene and I are extreme Chicago Cubs baseball fans, we have become (almost) as extreme St. Louis Cardinal fans since many of the players we have seen playing on the Memphis Redbirds are now stars of the Cardinals.  Hard not to be for them.  The Memphis Redbirds also just are a class organization and the Autozone baseball stadium is wonderful.  We are rapidly becoming diehard (whatever that means) Cardinal fans.
Friday.  While I spend much of my weekend on work activities, it is difference since I am not tethered to the office etc.  Gives me a chance to catch up on work as well as personal activities.  

No comments: