Friday, August 23, 2013

Summer 2013 August 23

74/76 degrees this morning, relatively clear.  
Listening to book on "Willpower".  After a slow start it has become a very intriguing book and I am going to buy or borrow a copy.  At the point I stopped today, the authors were making the point that "Technology" was a worse addition than any drug due to the power of anticipating (not receiving, note) continuous pleasure.
Kind of like me and my "planning" travel.  I love to plan trips, frequently more than I actually enjoy the trip.  There is nothing I like better than to plan a trip.  In another life and time, I may have been a travel agent.  In any event, I understand my pleasure at planning.  I used to "plan" which tv shows I would watch each week until I realized I really didn't like tv that much.  Ditto with movies and planning to watch sports events on tv.  I realized I enjoyed the planning, but not the actual event. (I do enjoy travel however!)
Friday is "news day" when I get the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Commercial Appeal (I read a brief edition of the New York Times on M-Thursday).  
It makes me realize that my concerns and cares are relatively minor when compared to many other persons, both in the U.S. and especially many other countries.  

No comments: