Thursday, August 29, 2013

Summer 2013 August 29

74/77 degrees this morning.  Relatively coolish, almost too cool to sit out on my patio (but not quite).
The book "The Willpower Instinct" reviewed this morning the technique of "surfing the urge" as a way of willpower, either the "will" or the "won't".  Interesting concept, I have actually used it myself and it is effective.  I finished listening to the book and started listening again, although I will probably get the book to read and listen to something else.
I like my quiet time in the morning when I sit down to write this Blog.  I feel a sense of being unhurried.  It doesn't really matter how much or what I write, but it is the opportunity to do so, the fact I make the time to be able to write something if I want.
I think that is also why my walk is so important (I can think what I want and think through problems etc.) and my cycling.  My stationary bike riding gives me the chance to catch up on my reading (especially the daily newspapers) and my nap provides the opportunity to meditate and escape for 27 minutes (or whatever!).  
What is great about writing this is that I can write about anything I please, and as much or as little as I want!
3-day weekend coming up.  I am looking forward to just hanging out. 

No comments: