Sunday, August 04, 2013

Summer 2013 August 4


73 degrees this morning, a little cool.  Out on the patio, but a cool breeze is making it a little cool.
Birthday days are upon us!  Mary Anne, John and I.  It was always a fun time. (As I remember it anyway)
Weekend has been busy in spite of myself.  My "books to be read" list keeps growing.  I did finish "Watchers" yesterday, which is for our book discussion page.  I read an "e-book" version of it, and read it in moments when I had time.  
School starts tomorrow here.  In a way it signals the end of Summer, and is, for some purposes.  However, here, the Summer really continues into almost November (sometimes up until Thanksgiving) and the true Winter seems to hit around Christmas and last until late February and then an extremely long Winter/Spring of coolish weather that seems to last forever until mid to late May. 
Not a lot planned this weekend, working on some items for work (letters to applicants, memos, planning etc), going to the last of the Redbird ball games for the season.  I was surprised at myself that I really enjoyed attending Redbirds ball games, I have been attending (in sporadic fashion until about 4 years ago) for almost ten years now.  
While I ride my bicycle daily (except when it is raining), I haven't resumed my long distance rides (hour or more), mainly due to time.  I will need to start training soon since the time is coming for my "ride with the Summer", either in 2014 or 2015.  Perhaps I just need to go out and do it.  I am trying to figure out how long it will take me and the best routes.  My experience with biking in the same lanes as cars indicates it is NOT a good deal for the bike rider!  That is my primary concern

No comments: