Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Summer 2013 July 31

79 degrees this morning.  Started raining about 6:30 a.m., so couldn't sit out on the patio in spite of excellent weather.  
I really don't like rain.  I prefer sunny weather, even though I know rain is necessary.  I have never considered rain to be romantic.  Of course, it is one of those things that is out of my control, so I won't worry about it. 
One of the most important thoughts or concepts I have learned in life is don't worry about events or things I can't control.  Saves me a lot of time and wasted energy.  Of course, I do need to worry about my reaction or what I will do if an event happens, whether I can control it or not!
Hope the rain stops.  Went to the Redbirds ballgame last night.  I will miss the Redbirds games after the summery winds down.  For some reason, their home schedule ends in mid-August (instead of early September), so I am hoping they will be in the playoffs so we can see a game or two in September.

No comments: