Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Summer 2013 August 13


73 degrees this morning, cloudy.
August 13, it is hard to believe it is actually August 13, 2013.  Almost like a dream.
This morning I skipped all of my exercise, and will delay any water or food as I am having he dreaded "lab test" this morning.  Usually I get there as early as possible since breakfast is usually my biggest meal, plus I hate going without water and coffee!  I do plan on going to City Hall for a short meeting before I get to the Doctors office for my lab test.
Visited with the Oral Surgeon about my tooth implants.  Not a pleasant procedure, but it has a high success rate.  Hard to argue with an over 90% success rate.  Main problem will be finding two or three days when I can take off and "take it easy".  The entire process takes about six months, so at least the cost can be somewhat spread out, but my limited dental insurance will help ease the pain in my wallet.
Some years ago, I had a friend tell me that "Life is a series of Hello and Goodby".  Much as hated the saying I have to admit it is true, with both the original "Hello" (birth) and "Goodby" (death) somewhat of a mystery.  While turnover at City Hall is normally very low, it has been higher recently based on a number of factors.  I think the recently family reunion and birthday events, wedding showers, births etc, made me think of the "life goes on" process, or maybe one of the sayings my first Mayor mentioned when he said "the City  (or Life) is like a ship going down the river, people get on, people get off, but the ship keeps on going down the river.

No comments: